So here is the deal---I was tagged by Melissa on her blog. This normally would have been fine but---she also tagged all family members, people iIknow, people Idon't know and therefore couldn't have tagged, etc. (It would help if more of our family and/or friends would get with it as far as blogs go---grrr) Plus,I didn't think that i could think of any random thoughts about myself. The pressure was enormous!! So I was at dinner with Catherine (while the guys were at priesthood meeting) and she started picking my brain and making a list. Here are the resulting random facts:1. When I was a teenager, I desperately wanted a mondrian print dress and white gogo boots. Dad wouldn't agree to the purchase because he said that they were a fad that wouldn't last more than one season. (But what a halloween costume I would have today had he given in!)
2. For many years, I had an invisible friend named Toni. It has been quite awhile since we have hung out---I hope she is having a great time wherever she is.
3. As a child (a really small, sneaky child) I used to sneak frozen hotdogs as a treat. (no bun, no condiments---just frozen, raw tube steaks!) It always made me feel better when I was forced to take a nap.
4. One of my most disturbing memories of being a young mother is of the day when Steven Jr. was taking a particularly long nap. I snuck into his room to see if he was still breathing. He was. Apparently he was also exhausted. Art does that to a guy. He had taken off a particularly bad diaper, decorated the (new) crib with the contents (did I mention that the crib was white) paying special attention to the detail on the railings, and then fallen asleep.
5. I have always tried to be a rule follower. (You know---a real obey and sustain the law kind of woman). I have always loved hostess twinkies and chocolate cupcakes. When I was a senior in high school, my friend and I were over-indulging in the aforementioned treats and found ourselves rather full---but still holding a couple of half-eaten twinkies and cupcakes. Alas--no trash can in site. Good news---a mailbox. We stashed the stuff in the government provided box (which was right under a sign which said "no littering"). Does a statute of limitations apply here?
6. Toilet humor makes me laugh.
7. I was pooped on by a pigeon under the Eifel Tower in Paris.
3 comments:
Oh nasty, nasty, nasty crib artwork. I have yet to have such a disturbing experience. Newborn diaper blow outs don't even seem to compare.
Maybe you should have left the art intact and tried to sell it to a modern art museum? They do have some strange pieces sometimes...
I am so glad you responded!!! You get a silver medal, Catherine got the gold (she did it first, you came in second)! I think you should tag, Steve Jr, Mike, and Patrick as well as Paul Anderton, there are 4 right there! :)
two points:
#1 That dress is gorgeous and not just as Halloween Costume. I would wear it today if I could... no joke.
#2 Watching you get pooped on in 100 degree heat under the eiffel tower was perhaps one of the... if not infact THE funniest moments of my life. HA HA HA HA...HA HA HA, It was so gross!!!!
Post a Comment